Saturday, May 23, 2015

Boxing Update: Danny O'connner rescheduled and ready to fight May 23, 2015

 
 
 
Boston's Danny O'Connor was originally set to fight Brooklyn's own Paulie Malignaggi Friday May 29 at Barclays center live on Spike. Paulie Suffered a cut last Wednesday will sparring and that fight was canceled. Danny's management was able to salvage all that hard work by moving him up a week to fight on todays NBC card featuring DeGale vs Dirrell. Dr. Baio caught up with Danny to get his opinion on the situation and find out who Danny will be fighting.
 
 
Dr. B: When did you hear the fight was canceled?

Do: Friday

Dr. B: How did you take Paulie dropping out of the contest?

DO: I don't plan life & I sure don't control it I only control how I react to it. I'm not crying over spilt milk I possess the tools mentally and physically to adapt and over come. Luckily I wasn't robbed of my chance to compete I am grateful that I could materialize a fight last minute and still have the chance to perform. Paul who? I'm focused on the task at hand which is Chris may 23 

Was there an option for you to stay on the Brooklyn card?

DO: Not sure if staying in Brooklyn was still a option,I think boston just made more sense for me 

Dr. B: Fighting in your home town must feel like a good second option.

DO: It's never a second option fighting at home is my first choice always I love it 

Dr. B: Will having one less week of training effect you any?

Do: No

Dr. B: Do you have any opponent yet?

DO: Chris Gilbert from Vermont 

Dr. B: Will your fight be televised?

DO: I'm the swing bout for TV

Dr.B: All the best Saturday night.

 
DO: Thank you, I appreciate the email and kind words. This is my email contact me anytime you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment