Sunday, November 27, 2011

Saturday in Ac for Bellator 59

Yesterday started out like any other, I was getting ready to go to AC to support a good friend and patient, Phil Nover. On my way I stopped by Codella Academy in Staten Island. Mike Codella and I caught up on memories of our old neighborhood, which brings us all back to our connection with Phil Nover. We all grew up in Canarsie, Brooklyn.
Mikes gym was full of guys spending their saturday morning training, sparring, and just letting our frustrations that built up all week. The Gym was great. Ring, Cage, and lots of matt space to practice BJJ. My also gave me a copy of his book, "AlphaVille". Def a must read. After an two hours of watching the Codella fighters training. I was motivated to get back into full on training myself. With those thought in mind I went on my way to AC.
 A leasurely drive down the garden state and it was time to see Phil before the fight. Phil def looked ready to go and had all the angles covered for the up coming fight. Once I knew all was well I went down stairs and met up with my friends from "Under Ground Clown" / "Future Legends" These Guys have been good friends of mine since the launch of the company a few years back. They started out by sponsoring "Paulie Malignaggi" now they were set to support and sponsor Phil Nover and Kurt Pellagrino. I was sure these two warriors were ready to go into battle on the live tv broadcast. The Judges and refs seemed to have other ideas. Phil fought his heart out. Doing everything like percission from what was spoken earlier in the day. The Judges and faiths were against him on this day. I fight I as well as most of the fans thought Phil clearly won went to the opponent. Kurt, who we would find out later was set to retire, was clipped early and never given a change to recover.
All that being said it was a good time. Kurt will continue to run his academy and mentor future champions. Phil was frustrated with the lose, but know it will lead to bigger and better things down the round.
Next up Cotto vs Margareto on Saturday Dec 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment