Friday, May 30, 2014

Zach Cooper: “I'm ready to fight NOW!”


 

 

LAS VEGAS: A year long absence from the ring has done nothing to diminish junior middleweight Zach Cooper's (2-0-1) enthusiasm for boxing. Instead, it's done the opposite. Zach kept training, putting the work in every day at the Mayweather Boxing Club. He's more than ready for June 7, and a scheduled four round bout against Nate Richardson, (1-1) at the Myth Event Center, in St. Paul, Minnesota.

 

“Training has been great,” Zach said. “I feel like a bag of diamonds. Everything is on schedule, and we're ready to fight tomorrow, if that was possible,” he laughed.

 

Traveling to Minnesota, and fighting a south paw opponent in his territory only serves as more incentive to win. “His hometown or not, I have to set the pace for this fight, and I have to control the fight. And I'm fine with being in his backyard,” Zach said. “Skills pay the bills, and I know he's not been working as hard as me. So it is what it is. We can sit and fight or we can box. However Richardson wants to do it. I'm still leaving with the win.”

 

Visit Zach's website, http://zcooper45.wix.com/zachcooper & follow him on Twitter @IHATEZACHCOOPER

 

No comments:

Post a Comment